The California Earthquake Early Warning Advisory Board shall convene periodically and advise Cal OES Director Mark Ghilarducci on all aspects of the program, including, but not limited to, the functional areas. The board shall utilize committees, groups, and organizations, including, but not limited to, the California Institute of Technology, the California Geological Survey, the University of California, the United States Geological Survey, and entities participating in the critical infrastructure sectors to fulfill the objectives of the program by supporting the functional areas of the system.
The board shall inform the public regarding, and provide the public with the opportunity to engage the board on, the development and implementation of the system. The board shall, in conjunction with the director, determine the appropriate methods to provide the public with an earthquake early warning alert.
- Secretary Natural Resources Agency
- Secretary of California Health and Human Services
- Secretary of Transportation
- Secretary of Business, Consumer Services, and Housing
- Speaker of the Assembly appointee representing the interests of private businesses.
- Governor’s appointee representing the utilities industry.
- Senate Committee on Rules appointee representing county government.
- Chancellor of the California State University
- President of the University of California